English Phone Conversation is One of the scariest parts of speaking English is having a fluent English phone conversation. Here we have a fun lesson with some examples to help you learn some correct vocabulary and sentences, and to build the English Grammar, so you can be more confident speaking English, even on the telephone!
English Phone Conversation
I’ll call you back.
- I don’t work for you now and I’m watching a ball game with my kid, I’ll call you back when I’m ready. Goodbye!”
- Mom, I’ll call you back in a minute.
- I’ll call you back when I know more, okay?
- I’ll see what we can do and I’ll call you back.
- I’ll be out of touch for the next few weeks, so leave me a message, and I’ll call you back as soon as I can.
I can’t talk right now.
- I can’t talk right now. I’ll call her back.
- I can’t talk right now. It’s the apocalypse.
- I can’t talk right now. Someone’s here. I’ll call you later.
- What you feeling chatty all of a sudden Sorry, I can’t talk right now.
- Okay, I can’t talk right now, but Sally knows you’re pregnant.
Let me call you back.
- Ben, what’s going on? – Let me call you back.
- Sorry, Olivia, it’s not a good time. Let me call you back.
- Emma, let me call you back when I finish with my secretary.
- let me call you back as soon as I get there.
- Okay, listen, you just got to let me call you back.
Thank you for calling!
- Thank you for calling me, Sophia.
- Okay, thank you for calling, but keep your eyes open.
- Thank you for calling. You must have a ton of friends you could’ve asked.
- Anyhow, Luna, I want to really thank you for calling me.
- Well, thank you for calling attention to it and making me feel self-conscious.
I’m busy right now.
- Unfortunately he’s quite busy right now, but perhaps you’d care to have a word with me instead.
- I have to write the meeting record – I’m busy right now.
- The sheriff is busy right now, but who can I tell him is here?
- Can we do this later? I’m really busy right now.
- I’m busy right now… can we talk later please?
I just called this morning
- I just called you Layla this morning.
- I just called up a friend this afternoon.
- I just called his home. He had left five minutes before.
- I just called to tell you that your grade has been officially changed.
- I just called to check on the kids.